Friday, November 19, 2010

Dessert for breakfast. Part two.

If I was raving about my banana ice cream-ified oatmeal the other day, I had no idea what was in store for me for today's breakfast.

Also, thank you for the feedback on the banana soft serve pictures. Good or bad, I appreciate feedback so I know what to improve on! Hopefully these pictures will be a better representation of the soft serve texture. :)

Pumpkin Pie A La Mode (Overnight Oats)

Last night, I mixed together 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 scoop protein powder, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, and one large spoonful of pumpkin puree. I stirred it up nicely and put it in the fridge. 

This morning:

Nice and pudding-like! Oh, the magic of chia seeds.

Then I mixed in a large spoonful of almond butter and sprinkled on some pumpkin pie spice.

I made my banana soft serve once again by slicing up a frozen banana and putting it in the food processor with a sprinkle of water. And then topped my pumpkin pie oats with it.

IT LOOKS AND TASTES LIKE ICE CREAM. I still can't believe it.

O.M.G. Pumpkin pie and ice cream in the morning?

Then I topped my bowl with a generous helping of flax seeds for a little crunch. Sort of like the crust of the pumpkin pie!

I am seriously considering ditching my usual bran flakes and grape nuts for this kind of breakfast.

Seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment