Friday, March 18, 2011

Sweet teeth.

Warning: reading this post will make you feel like brushing your teeth.

My restaurant week partner-in-crime and I headed to the B Line last night for dessert. We like dessert, and the desserts at B Line are well known, so we decided to give it a shot.

As usual, we were overwhelmed by the options. But this time, I think it was quite warranted. Check this out.



So. Much. Dessert.

We had almost immediately decided on the salted caramel tart, but had some problems deciding on another item. (We really like mixing and matching--more to taste!)

And then one of the waitresses brought out this gigantic cake to put in the rotating display. That cake was calling our names.

So we sat down to conquer our desserts. (Apologies for the horrible lighting in the pictures).


Let's take a closer look.


The salted caramel tart looked like it had this hard chocolate shell. I was surprised to find that as soon as I stuck my fork in it, it was actually really soft and the caramel starting gushing out!! The crust was pretty incredible-- like a very light and airy cookie that crumbled easily.


I wish I remembered the name of this cake. I expected this cake to be rich and heavy, but actually it was lighter than the caramel tart. The layers were chocolate cake and a white chocolate/whipped cream/strawberry mixture. We couldn't figure out what the top/outer layer was!

We had an interesting view out the window while enjoying our sweets.


And next thing we knew...


Heh.

Needless to say, I think I need a break from desserts for awhile. However, this afternoon, I made a "dessert" which actually was healthy.


Can anyone guess what the magic ingredient is?

No comments:

Post a Comment