Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fit and cheesy.

Have any of you heard of TRX?


I've heard of it and have seen it at the rec many times, but I never knew exactly what it was. Today, I was given the opportunity to attend a free TRX class, so I jumped at it! 

TRX is a suspension training method that uses nothing but body weight (and those cords!). I had always assumed that the TRX was useful solely for upper body workouts, but I was sorely mistaken. It's a full body workout and it's amazing how difficult it can be! At one point, I felt like I was doing the hardest core workout I had ever done. We also did lots of squats--the TRX is used as sort of an assist for squats and lunges--and planks! 


I really enjoyed it! Many gyms have TRX available for use; I know that our rec has specific TRX classes available each semester as well. And we were informed today that it's a popular at-home workout (as long as you can find a place to attach the cords to the ceiling!).

Afterwards, I was hungry for some veggies.

I made a Passover-friendly side dish. (Hi, Liana!).

Frozen green beans/snap peas/butternut squash sauteed in coconut oil & garlic and sprinkled with black pepper.
This was eaten with yet another Amy's product!


I used to be a huge fan of hot pockets (back in the day when I used to eat canned everything and soy veggie burgers every.single.day. Cringe cringe). This is the best substitute for those good ol' hot pockets! 


Okay, so there may not be as much cheese, but it was just as tasty with the inclusion of real ingredients and whole wheat! 

I must say I was quite disappointed when I found only one in the box, though. And it disappeared way too quickly. Just like that cake I made...

No comments:

Post a Comment