Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Revolutionary.

Sometimes, the recipes I come up with are referred to as "weird."

My dad calls them "revolutionary." I like that term better! 

The recipe I am posting today is definitely revolutionary. But, if it makes you feel better, my mom ate it and had no idea what it was. In fact, she thought it was made out of coconut. 

That's definitely a compliment. 

So here we go...jicama recipe #2!


Pasta with Creamy Jicama Sauce

Vegan

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 jicama, peeled & chopped
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped swiss chard
  • 1 can cannellini beans 
  • salt/pepper/Italian seasonings

With a blender (regular or immersion), blend the jicama and water until completely smooth. 


Set this aside.

Heat up the swiss chard in a large pot with some olive oil. Saute until the swiss chard has wilted slightly, and add the cannellini beans. 


I've always wanted to try these, and I finally found them! Cannellini beans are white kidney beans, but I think they have a much creamier texture than kidney beans. 


Add the blended jicama mixture.


If the sauce is too thick, add more water until it becomes more sauce-like. Then, add the seasonings. Heat over low until everything is combined, and then serve with pasta, rice, or grain of choice.


Good stuff! And veggie haters would never even know that this sauce was made of a strange sounding vegetable. 

Speaking of veggie haters...

No comments:

Post a Comment