Thursday, July 7, 2011

What motivates you?

I hope you guys had a calmer morning than I did.

I woke up to my alarm after a mere 7 hours of sleep (which, these days, is sleep deprivation for me...I am so spoiled), rolled out of bed, drank a cup of water, and went to the gym. I then proceed to get my butt kicked in a strength training class. 

During the class, I was wondering what the heck was going through my mind when I decided to wake up at the crack of dawn (read: 8 AM) for this torture. And suddenly, when the end of class neared, I decided I would definitely go again next week. I don't really know why I make such rash decisions.

People often ask me how I muster up the motivation to workout every.single.day. Sure, it starts out with motivation. But after awhile, it becomes a normal daily activity. In fact, it even becomes an enjoyable daily activity. But why? It's not because I enjoy torturing myself (okay, sometimes I do). But really, it's because of personal goals. The best part about working out everyday is being able to see improvement and achieve those personal goals. For some people it might be to complete a half marathon. For others, it might be to be able to do that one really hard yoga pose. And for others, it might be to bench those last 10 more pounds. Whatever it is, it's what I've noticed that gets people going.

After that speech, you're probably wondering what my goal is.


But really...didn't you know the person in the picture is actually me? Just kidding.

So what motivates you? Is it a goal or something else? Does anyone else have the not-so-lofty goal of getting a six pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment