Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jelly arms.

I don't know how I am typing right now. I have jelly arms.

I went to my first Body Pump class today! I've heard so much about it that it was almost too hyped up. But the class lived up to the hype. It was freaking HARD.

All I lifted the whole time was a 5 pound barbell. And by 5 pounds I mean... 2 1/2 pounds on each side of the bar. I usually lift like 3 times that amount!!! I don't know what it was--probably the insane repetitions-- but I think these Body Pumpers are up to something. Especially since the instructor (who couldn't have been more than 5 feet tall) was the strongest looking woman I've ever seen. That'll get you lifting. Even if it's just 5 pounds.

In other news...

Check this out!


A new and very large food processor!!!! Guess what I made to break the new FP in?


Any guesses? Any at all?!

The second item I made with the new FP was...


Enchiladas. AGAIN. Don't worry, to avoid boring you, I make different enchiladas every time. Actually, I do this to avoid boring myself.

You are probably also wondering how the heck I used a food processor to make these.

Wellll, I blended up a can of pinto beans, a microwaved & peeled sweet potato,


a cup or so of frozen+microwaved spinach, salt, pepper, and 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast. This was the filling for the enchiladas.


I rolled these inside mini corn tortillas, and topped these with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.

My mom called this "party food" and my dad called this "exotic." I call it easy and healthy!!!


No baking necessary! And these are the perfect post-Body Pump meal if you ask me :).

PS: Check out my Greatist recipe contribution for this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment