Saturday, September 24, 2011

Juicing extravaganza.

I've had a little "wish list" going for awhile...and I finally bought the item that's been number one on the list.

Let me introduce you to my new JUICER!


You can't really tell from the picture, but it's super cute and small. Just the right size for it to fit on my counter!


I was so excited to break it in, I went and bought all kinds of produce. Including 5 lbs of carrots! (It was only 50 cents more to buy 5 lbs versus 3 lbs...so why not?!). For my first juicing experience, I made it super simple with a few carrots, a couple of cups of spinach, a small handful of parsley, and two sticks of celery.


A few minutes later, vegetable juice. 


The downside: figuring out what to do with the pulp.


I refuse to waste this stuff! It's still veggie, but just a little dry. After some Googling, I think I've decided what to do with it. For now, it's sitting in the fridge.

And as for the juice? I drank it up in 3 seconds. The carrot made it so sweet and the parsley gave it a touch of spice. Yumyum.

A few hours later, I was feeling a cold coming on. Ironically, I had been looking up juicer recipes and one of them was a juice for treating the common cold. As you already know, (and if you don't, you will now) I hate taking medicine. And I really like learning how different dietary combinations can help treat illnesses!

For my second juice, I used red cabbage, romaine lettuce, 1 inch of ginger, half a lemon (with peel!), and carrot. I'd like to think it actually worked. But really, I did feel a bit better. Instant vitamins!

Speaking of things I bought recently...guess what else I got?


3 LBS of chia seeds! I got an awesome deal on Amazon. It's going to take me two years to finish it. The package also came with these tiny sample bags.


I've never tried white chia seeds before, so I was definitely excited about this. I don't know why I got a sample bag of regular chia seeds. As if I didn't buy enough.

I have a themed post coming up soon! Hold onto your seats...there's gonna be a LOT of one ingredient in there. Can you guess what it is? Hint: it's not chia seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment