Sunday, October 9, 2011

Foodie finds. Part II.

I seriously thought I updated yesterday, and then saw that my last post was TUESDAY. Time flies when you're having fun?

But really, I don't know what has been happening. It's not like I even do all that much. Take for example today. It has rained ALL day, and I stayed inside for most of the day, except when I had to make a quick run to the grocery store. I almost bought an umbrella but it was so overpriced that I decided against it. My hair took the hit when I went back outside without an umbrella. Ouch.

Yesterday I spontaneously went to a natural foods store and picked up all kinds of things. I was had such a field day at that store, it was ridiculous. This is what my cart looked like:


[I've seriously missed my SunButter. Also, the rice nog was DELICIOUS. Also, on the top right corner of the car is a big bag of vegan marshmallows. Win.]

The lady at the checkout counter thought I was organizing the items in my cart so it would be easier for her. Until she saw me pull out my camera. Awkward.

Before we move on, I have some purchase highlights to share with you:


I was super curious about this. If you are, you won't have to wait long, because this week's meal in a day featured this quinoa polenta :). 


I've ALWAYS wanted to try kelp noodles! 

Okay, please brace yourself for the next two pictures. I went into the chocolate section of the store and freaked out when I saw this:


For someone who can't eat Reese's (allergic to peanuts/peanut butter), this was such an exciting find. When I thought life couldn't get better, I found these right next to the almond butter cups:


O.M.G. This is what I'm talkin' about. 

I obviously bought both. Obviously. I preferred the sun cups over the almond butter cups solely because they had a richer flavor. But both were awesome and I should have bought more than one of each!!

I even found some fantastic items/sales at the regular grocery store. 

15 limes for one dollar? OKAY!


3 avocados for one dollar? Yes please! 

What's one to do with limes + avocados? Make guacamole, obviously. Large batch of guac in my fridge--check!

I also found this super interesting salsa:


The best part about this salsa is that it's made of all natural ingredients and no added sugar/unnecessary ingredients. Oh, and it's SUPER spicy! Super spicy = super addictive (hence why half of the bottle was empty before I took a picture).

Time to go make a batch of hummus for the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment