Sunday, November 13, 2011

Darkness and stuff.

I don't know about y'all, but my sleep got completely disrupted this weekend.

The only explanation is: FULL MOON. At least, I like to attribute my lack of sleep to that.

Oh and please refrain from any judgement of my usage of the word "ya'll." I was just testing it out.

So, now that daylight savings has occurred, it gets dark shortly after 5pm. This is relevant because the pictures I take of my food are all taken when it's dark outside now. And hence the picture quality.

Now that that is out of the way, I'd like to announce that I ran two miles in my new vibrams yesterday, and it was quite a success, meaning that my knees did not experience any kind of pain! My feet, however, experienced some blistering action. Not pleasant.

This week, I'm going to be a workout machine, so I decided to plan my meals accordingly. I cooked up a storm today, and it only took 1.5 hours! Lunch + dinner for the entire week = complete. It's so worth it to plan meals and take the time on Sunday and not have to worry about meals for the next 5 days. This past week, this is what I ate:


(Don't say I didn't warn you about the lighting situation).

This meal took so little time to cook last weekend. This is what the kitchen looked like:


I made one pot of a wild rice/brown rice blend, and some "grilled" eggplant in a skillet. The eggplant wasn't anything fancy; all I did was drizzle the eggplant slices with some olive oil and salt, and then added 1/2 can of diced tomatoes and some garlic powder.


And then I ate them together. With some of my fancy goat gouda!


I think I am a huge fan of wild rice. It's quite substantial and has a really interesting texture.

See you from the other side of my intense workout week!

No comments:

Post a Comment