Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's here!

I have been waiting for far too long.


It opened two days ago, and when I went today the line to check out went all the way around the store. Apparently everyone else is just as excited about TJs as I am!

I came across some awesome items such as coconut water popsicles and red pepper and eggplant spread. I was too excited about everything to even think about taking pictures. Woops.

So remember how last week I got to see Giada? I was inspired after seeing one of her recipes. Funnily enough, the recipe included chicken. I changed it a little and substituted tofu for the chicken.


Tofu Nuggets

Ingredients:

  • 1 block extra firm tofu
  • 1/4 cup (scant) corn meal
  • 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Dry and press the tofu. I did a quick manual press using paper towels and some arm strength. Otherwise, the best way to press tofu is to leave it for an hour or more, in between lots f paper towels and with a weight on top. That is, if you don't have a tofu press on hand.

Once pressed, slice the tofu and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Then, add the corn meal, rosemary, thyme, and salt/pepper.


Stir gently to cost the tofu well. Then, transfer the coated cubes to a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.


Bake at 350*. After 10 minutes, flip the cubes and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the tofu is crispy.

Enjoy dipped in ketchup! Or in a stir fry or salad...get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment