Sunday, September 30, 2012

My favorite trader.

I have to admit something. I have been buying way too many exotic desserts lately. There's only one person to blame. Joe the Trader.

I got mochi ice cream and forgot how much I love it. And ginger chews. And chocolate chip cookies that are much more crunchy and crispy than the average chocolate chip cookie.

And TJs has only been open for a week... This is a problem.

Last week, I had one of the easiest and best dinners. Courtesy of Joe and this lovely find:


I stuffed whole wheat pitas with the red pepper spread and some homemade jalapeƱo hummus, along with lots of fresh spinach and broccoli slaw!


I also prepared some pseudo-Indian food. Some rajma and rice:


I made the rajma by first heating some garlic and mustard seeds in oil.


Then, I added a can of kidney beans, and a can of diced tomatoes, along with 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder, salt, and pepper.


I actually preferred this with quinoa rather than brown rice, of course :).

Now excuse me while I waste away watching tv until the work week starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment