Sunday, September 16, 2012

Star struck.

Guess who I got the pleasure of seeing in person yesterday?

Giada de Laurentiis! From the Food Network!


I didn't actually meet her but I did get about 10 feet away... Close enough, right? I also got to see her do a cooking demonstration and a Q & A session. Overall, a very cool experience.

And I was so inspired by one of her recipes that I tried a Tulika-fied version today, which actually turned out awesomely.

But for today, I have a different recipe to share with you.

This is what I made last weekend and ate for lunch every day last week. It was so good, I did not get sick of it, even by Friday.

Quinoa "Lasagna"

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 jar marinara sauce (or make your own!)
  • 1 eggplant
  • 1/2 zucchini
  • Frozen or fresh spinach and broccoli
  • Olive oil
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese

Start by roasting the eggplant and zucchini. I chopped these up, and mixed them up with a couple of teaspoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and roasted them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.


Cook the quinoa and then set it said. If making marinara sauce, make this and also set it aside. It was out of character for me to use jarred sauce but sometimes it is just much more convenient!

Thaw the spinach and broccoli if using the frozen variety. Then, add these to a large baking dish along with the roasted eggplant and zucchini.


Stir in the quinoa,


Then add the marinara sauce, and finally top with cheese.


Bake at 350* for about 10 minutes.


Top with some crushed red pepper (or sriracha!) and enjoy for five days.


Note: because this dish is made with quinoa rather than pasta, it does not stay together as well as pasta does, but it was quite lasagna-esque in taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment