Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend... Where did you go?

Don't mind me. I am just mourning the loss of my weekend. I miss last week's 3 day weekend.

Speaking of last weekend, check this out.


Free yoga day! There were hundreds of people ready with their yoga mats outside in this park to do some yoga bright and early last Monday. The class was an hour and a half long, and it was a tough workout with lots and lots of plank and lunges! That, and the fact that the humidity is something like 99% here. Needless to say, the sweat kept coming...

And needless to say, I was ready for a refreshing salad.


I made my own salad dressing by blending Greek yogurt + dill + a couple small slices of cucumber + pinch of salt.


Oh and check this out. I paired this with some baked zucchini sticks! (I used this recipe).


Lovely post-sweat sesh lunch if I say so myself!

Looking for another vegetable to add to your salad rotations?

Try some jicama.


This bowl included jicama, corn, cucumber, cilantro, and tomato. I dressed it with lemon juice and salt/pepper.


And just like most of my salad creations, I mixed in some quinoa.

Have I mentioned I can't get enough quinoa? I think I could eat it for every meal.

Time to go veg on the couch for what's left of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment