Sunday, October 21, 2012

Please excuse...

So...pardon my absence. I have been busy participating in Zumba events for basketball games!


Well, I was last weekend. Somehow this month has just been full of big weekend events back to back. But that was definitely a huge one!

But today, I am so sad. I spent the morning recording not one, but TWO videos to post on here today.

I played them back a while ago and found that due to technical difficulties (audio and video not synchronized), this will not be happening today. So sad!!

And now I am forced to provide to you an impromptu post with a bunch of random meals I have eaten in the recent past.

Ready...go!


Protein pancakes. I made these with half whole wheat pancake mix, half protein powder. I prepared the batter otherwise just as usual with milk and eggs, cooked with coconut oil. The toppings helped mask the protein powder chalky taste :)


Tortilla soup. Pinto beans and black beans, chipotle diced tomatoes, spinach, corn, garlic, and seasoned with cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper. The chipotle diced tomatoes provided most of the flavor which was really nice.


A Trader Joe's inspired salad (literally - every ingredient came from there) with kale, pre-cooked beets, avocados, and a pear and Gorgonzola vinaigrette. The dressing made all the difference.


A veggie burger quesadilla in corn tortillas. The veggie burger was also a TJs item, and I was a fan of the consistency because it was smashable to make it more quesadilla-esque.

Hopefully this gives you a few easy ideas for the week... And hopefully we can resolve these technical issues soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment