Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Breakfast for dinner!

I totally wrote this post yesterday and had it all centered around gloomy Mondays. But now I’m posting it on Tuesday and the Monday humor would not make any sense. Hence! Time to write something new.

But really, it has actually been quite a gloomy Tuesday, too. Rain, rain, please go away? Luckily, this week, I have packed my schedule full of evening workouts (spoiler alert: cycle overload!) so the rain shall not bring me down. 

My favorite part about evening workouts is my post-workout dinner. Actually, who am I kidding? This is my dinner of choice for any evening, really. Breakfast for dinner!


Usually it involves some form of potato or sweet potato along with a one or two egg omelette with a sprinkling of cheese and something green (spinach, green onion, etc). Although the one pictured above was just cheese...so good.

Since this was originally supposed to be posted on Monday, here is last week’s workout schedule. Can you tell I kind of love The Fitnessista’s workouts? 

Sunday – Teach cycle

Monday – Low-ish impact body weight workout:

Warm up: Brisk 0.5 mile treadmill walk.

1 minute of each of the following exercises:
  • Push-ups
  • Plank
  • Squats
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Leg raises (Left leg only)
  • Bicycle crunches
  • Leg raises (Right leg only)
  • Bridge (Static hold for 30 seconds, Pulse for 30 seconds)
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Pulse Lunges (Right side for 30 seconds, Left side for 30 seconds)
  • Wall sit
  • Mountain climbers
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Inchworm to plank, hop in and out, inchworm back to standing
  • Warrior 3 tap and lift (single leg balance, one leg comes all the way back, tap floor with same arm and come back up; 30 seconds for each side)

Cool down/stretch

Tuesday – This Tabata workout, which I did twice for some extra sweaty workout action!

Wednesday – A mish mash of cardio/strength:

Warm up: Walk 0.25 miles

Cardio: Run 1 mile

Strength: Repeated the following sequence twice.
  • 12 reps of one back exercise of choice
  • 12 reps of one shoulder exercise of choice
  • The below beastly leg circuit from The Fitnessista 
Cool down/stretch 

Thursday – Teach Zumba

Friday – Much needed rest day!

Saturday - This upper body strength video followed by a 20 minute HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) of 45 sec ON/15 sec rest with a random combination of the following exercises:
  • Squat jumps
  • Jumping jacks
  • High knees
  • Burpees
  • Plank jacks
  • Jumping lunges
  • Side lunges with hop

I like workouts that are short, yet pack a big punch… except when I teach Zumba and the 55 minute class somehow extends to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Time flies when you’re having fun?! 

To conclude, I wanted to share with you this interesting article I stumbled across. I would love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment